We are looking for a PROJECT ASSISTANT.
Under the overall and direct guidance and supervision of the Project Manager and Head of Mission, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of activities under the project “All for YOUth, YOUth for all” and support the operation of the mission.
- Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with offices in Mongolia, Zambia, Cambodia, Georgia, Moldova and Iraq and an extensive social services program in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. The mission of CCR is to improve the lives of thousands of people through education, promotion of sustainable development, restoring livelihoods and empowering local communities.
Caritas Czech Republic launched the first project in Mongolia in 2006 and since then implemented more than 20 projects in 15 different provinces with particular focus on pre-school and vocational education, social work, restoring livelihood, humanitarian assistance, prevention of risks of natural disasters, agriculture, and environment and recycling.
About the project:
“All for YOUth, YOUth for all” is a four year project supported by the European Union. Its main goal is to work with local CSOs to empower young people and improve their integration in Mongolian society and their participation in decision-making. As such, the project will focus on increasing employment opportunities of young people, increase their involvement with politics and policy development, train and build capacities of local NGOs and support volunteerism among the Mongolian youth.
- Key responsibilities
Project assistant roles
- Record-keeping and document management: official letters, contracts, communications, meeting minutes, updating contact sheet, etc.
- Translation assistance
- Interpretation in meetings, seminars, events
- Logistical support: event management, organization of meetings, procurement of refreshments and stationary, follow-up calls, etc.
- Technical assistance to meetings and events (assure its high quality)
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Administrative assistant roles
- Office supply procurement and management
- Office asset management
- Archive management
- Technical support to Administration and Financial Officer
- Procurement related support: collecting quotations, drafting contracts, etc.
- HR, recruitment related support to project team: screening or contacting candidates, assistance to HoM with visa or work permit issues etc.
- Messenger – in-person delivery of reports, invitations, documents, etc.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (i.e., accounting, finance, humanities)
- Prior professional experience in performing duties listed above
- Experience in working on international projects and programs
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English and Mongolian languages with interpersonal skills
- Strong translation and interpretation skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting
- Experience of working with Mongolian CSOs and/or Mongolian youth
- What we offer
- Competitive salary with performance-based benefits
- Working in an international team
- Access to training opportunities
- Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
- How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must include a brief motivation letter, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. Both documents have to be in English. Please type “Project Assistant - Youth" in the subject line. The deadline for submission is January 1, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline.