Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) in Mongolia is implementing the EU-funded project “Sustainable Plastic Recycling in Mongolia” in partnership with Environment and Security of Center (ESCM), TG Masaryk Water Research Institute (WRI), Mongolian Sustainable Development Bridge (MSDB) and Ecosoum (ES). The main objective of the project is to contribute to economic prosperity and poverty reduction and support the development of a green economy and the transition towards a low-carbon, resource-efficient and circular economy in Mongolia. The specific objectives of the project are to promote sustainable production and consumption (SCP) patterns by supporting MSMEs in adopting SCP practices, and to create an enabling environment to strengthen the implementation of national SCP policies and assist stakeholders in harvesting the benefits of SCP. As the project will develop a “Technology Gap Assessment” for plastic recycling MSMEs in Mongolia, it is a priority to conduct a research to collect background data.
Goal of the Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to collect detailed technical and socio-economic data with regard to recycling of waste plastics and prepare a research report (EN, MN) of background technological data of plastic recycling MSMEs. The data to be provided via this work will serve as a basis for a technology gap assessment to define the exact types of technologies that are missing. Refer to Annex A for details of the assignment.
- Experience in undertaking technological research for projects;
- Demonstrated understanding of development sector in the field of environment and waste management (verifiable information on relevant experience required);
- Proficiency with the technical and ecological aspects of recycling;
- Knowledge of related legislation;
- Excellent written and spoken English and the ability to edit texts;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and coordination skills;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility;
- Prior experience in conducting research under EU-funded or international project research is an asset;
Materials to be submitted:
The offers will be selected on the basis of offers containing:
- Research plan for technological data collection from plastic recycling companies, including the description of the methodology, the description of particular tasks, timeframe and proposed structure of the research
- Description of relevant expertise and experience (copies of documents to prove qualification and experience)
- Reference letters from previous clients on the performance of previous similar assignments
- Qualifications of key personnel participating in the assignment, demonstrating necessary expertise
- Budget for the assignment and total price of the offer (the price cannot exceed 2500EUR)
- Copy of the registration certificate of the organization
- Organizational brochure/introduction
We encourage entities/experts who feel that they meet the requirements to submit their bids by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 May, 2021.
For additional information with regards to the tender assignment, please call +976-88311830. The documents in both English and Mongolian will be accepted.
- Target group: MSMEs in the plastic recycling sector
- Objectives of the Assignment:
- Survey plastic recycling MSMEs in Ulaanbaatar (approximately 24) and Bulgan provincial center (1 small facility) to collect technological background data to form a basis of the technology gap assessment.
- Submit a research report (EN, MN) of background technological data of plastic recycling MSMEs.
- Required activities for conducting the overall assignment
- Have concise and defined survey/field study methods
- Have clear and detailed survey/field study stages
- Define the list of deliverables of the research
- Develop overall research work plan
- Have defined team composition and task assignments
- Have detailed budget plan
- Provide CCR with a progress report in the middle of the research
- Attach questionnaires, survey and interview questions and answers utilized for the study in the final report
- Research methodology
Study must be carried out with employment of necessary research methods to help reach the overall goal of the study.
CCR will provide the contractor with all general and contact information it has about plastic recycling MSMEs that will be required to conduct the research.
CCR will provide a list of questions to which it would be appropriate to be answered by MSMEs to the contractor. The research report of technological background data of plastic recycling MSMEs should include result of survey with answers to at least those questions. The contractor may tailor the questions to better suit to the specific background of MSMEs.