Under the overall and direct guidance and supervision of the Head of Mission, the Project Manager will be accountable and responsible for the implementation of activities under the project “Sustainable Plastics Recycling in Mongolia” as well as project team management.
I. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with offices in Mongolia, Zambia, Cambodia, Georgia, Moldova and Iraq and an extensive social services program in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. The mission of CCR is to improve the lives of thousands of people through education, promotion of sustainable development, restoring livelihoods and empowering local communities.
Caritas Czech Republic launched the first project in Mongolia in 2006 and since then implemented more than 20 projects in 15 different provinces with particular focus on pre-school and vocational education, social work, restoring livelihood, humanitarian assistance, prevention of risks of natural disasters, agriculture, and environment and recycling.
About the project:
“Sustainable Plastics Recycling in Mongolia” is a four year project supported by the European Union through the SWITCH-Asia programme. Its main goal is to promote sustainable consumption and production in Mongolia through the principle of 3Rs in waste management. In order to do this, the project will focus on improving plastic waste collection and sorting systems and work with Mongolian recycling companies to improve their access to equipment and technologies as well as to increase the number of their customers. The project will mainly focus on Ulaanbaatar and Bulgan aimag, but will also devote time to replication and scale-up of developed solutions in other contexts.
II. Key responsibilities
- Direct project management, including:
- Planning and organizing of project activities
- Communicating with project partners (both from Mongolia and abroad)
- Supervision of partner’s performance
- Monitoring and evaluating project progress
- Team management
- Indirect financial management (such as monitoring of spending)
- Preparing project reports both for CCR’s HQ and the donor
- Ensuring project visibility
- Ensuring adequate saving of all project related documents
- Proven multi-year experience in project management including:
- Team management
- Financial management
- Educational and/or professional background in the field of waste management, environmental protection or sustainable development
- Strong leadership, analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mongolian (oral and written);
- Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting
- Experience of working on international projects
- Experience in project proposal development
- Specific experience in waste management and/or recycling in the Mongolian context
IV. What we offer
- Competitive salary with performance-based benefits
- Working in an international team
- Access to training opportunities
- Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
V. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address email@example.com. The application must include a brief motivation letter, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. Both documents have to be in English. Please type “Project Manager – Plastic Recycling" in the subject line. The deadline for submission is March 4, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline.
Note: To apply via CCR office email, no Facebook or Biznetwork direct applications.